This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy candy sauce with candied walnuts. This honey walnut shrimp is so a lot better than takeout and probably the greatest shrimp recipes that you’ll make!
Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe
Let’s discuss shrimp. Do you find it irresistible or hate it? My husband LOVES shrimp! He asks me to make it on a regular basis. I wasn’t the largest fan of it earlier than, however I’m a agency believer in giving issues a second strive. I’m so blissful I did as a result of shrimp is so scrumptious and versatile! Since honey walnut shrimp is such a preferred dish, I made a decision to strive recreating it at residence with recent, easy elements. No must make a visit to Panda Specific this time!
It is a nice recipe to begin with for those who aren’t an enormous shrimp fan. (It is going to make you a believer!) Initially, the walnuts get a crunchy candied exterior. Then, you pan fry the shrimp till the surface will get good and crispy. However this honey glaze you guys… it’s out of this world! It’s candy, savory, creamy, and coats each bit of crispy shrimp completely. With honey walnut shrimp this good, you received’t have the ability to load sufficient onto your plate.
A Reader’s Assessment
Good and scrumptious! It turned out simply as I hoped, and actually hits the mark for these craving the Panda Specific model! Can’t suggest sufficient!
Elements for Honey Walnut Shrimp
The sauce is a mix of honey, mayonnaise, and sweetened condensed milk. Sure, you heard that proper. Sweetened condensed milk! Just a bit of this added to the sauce brings all the flavors collectively and provides such a scrumptious and candy glaze to the shrimp. And the candied walnuts all through, so wonderful!
- Water: Adjusts the consistency of the honey glaze.
- Sugar: Sweetens all the things, making the walnuts sugary and giving a candy style to the shrimp.
- Walnuts: Makes the dish crunchy and nutty when coated with sugar, which pairs properly with the shrimp and sauce.
- Vegetable Oil: Used to fry the shrimp, making them crispy and golden on the surface whereas protecting them delicate inside.
- Egg: Helps the cornstarch stick with the shrimp.
- Cornstarch: The principle coating for the honey walnut shrimp.
- Shrimp: I used massive deveined shrimp, however you need to use any dimension you need. It’s possible you’ll simply want to regulate the cooking occasions a bit.
- Mayonnaise: So the sauce is creamy and wealthy. Common mayo and Japanese mayo (also referred to as kewpie mayo) each work!
- Honey: Provides sweetness to the sauce, making it tasty and mixing effectively with the walnuts.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: The key ingredient! This provides a beautiful creaminess to the sauce.
- Sliced Inexperienced Onions: Provides just a little recent onion style and makes the dish look good.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Honey walnut shrimp is the right 30-minute meal to impress your loved ones with. Collect up your elements and prepare to take advantage of crispy and scrumptious shrimp ever!
- Sweet Walnuts: In a small saucepan stir collectively the water and sugar. Then carry to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for about 2 minutes then drain and place on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Fry Shrimp: Warmth the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium excessive warmth. In a small bowl whisk the egg. Then add the cornstarch to a different small bowl. Dip the shrimp into the egg after which the cornstarch. Fry the shrimp for about 5 minutes or till they flip pink and the surface is golden brown. Take away with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Sauce Combination: In a medium bowl whisk collectively mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the fried shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle with candied walnuts and inexperienced onions. Serve honey walnut shrimp recent with fried rice or any of your different favourite Chinese language takeout recipes!
You might be significantly going to like each single chew. Higher-than-takeout recipes are the most effective! I promise that you’re going to love this honey walnut shrimp simply as a lot as my household does. Listed below are a couple of methods to verify your dish seems completely:
- Sweet the Walnuts First: Sweet the walnuts early on, permitting them to dry correctly on a cookie sheet. This ensures they’re crispy and candy for the ultimate dish.
- Prep the Shrimp Effectively: Be sure to peel and devein the shrimp correctly earlier than coating with egg and cornstarch. This helps obtain crispy and evenly-coated shrimp.
- Figuring out When the Shrimp are Executed: Fry the shrimp till they flip pink and have a golden brown exterior. Watch out to not overcook, as this can lead to powerful shrimp.
- Fry Shrimp in Small Batches: To verify each bit of shrimp will get cooked by means of correctly, work in small batches and don’t overcrowd your skillet.
- Drain Extra Oil: After frying, place the shrimp on a paper towel to empty any extra oil. Nobody likes soggy shrimp!
- Create the Creamy Honey Sauce: Whisk the mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk completely to create a easy sauce that coats the shrimp evenly.
- Toss Shrimp Gently: When combining the shrimp with the sauce, toss them gently to make sure every shrimp is coated evenly with out breaking that crispy outer texture.
Storing Leftover Honey Walnut Shrimp
When you’ve got leftovers of this glorious shrimp, right here’s the right way to hold it recent so you’ll be able to get pleasure from it later.
- In the Fridge: Switch shrimp to an hermetic container and retailer for 2-3 days.
- Reheating: To verify your shrimp stays crispy on the surface, I like to recommend reheating it within the oven. Add your honey walnut shrimp to a baking sheet and cook dinner for about 10 minutes at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
Pin this now to seek out it later
In a small saucepan stir collectively the water and sugar. Carry to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for about 2 minutes then drain and place on a cookie sheet to dry.
Warmth the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium excessive warmth. In a small bowl whisk the egg. Add the cornstarch to a different small bowl. Dip the shrimp into the egg after which the cornstarch. Fry the shrimp for about 5 minutes or till they flip pink and the surface is golden brown. Take away with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
In a medium bowl whisk collectively mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Sprinkle with candied walnuts and inexperienced onions. Serve.
Up to date on September 30, 2023
Serving: 0.5cupEnergy: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 4gFats: 28gSaturated Fats: 4gPolyunsaturated Fats: 18gMonounsaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 0.04gLdl cholesterol: 36mgSodium: 136mgPotassium: 118mgFiber: 1gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 65IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Vitamin data is mechanically calculated, so ought to solely be used as an approximation.