Possibly the world wants extra banana pancakes. Sure, that’s simply what we’re lacking. Sure, that’s what I’m telling myself proper now. This thirteen-year-old (!) recipe web site already has a number of banana pancake recipes, every great in its personal method, and right here I’m with one other.
My entire wheat banana pancakes are so good and fluffy. My banana oat pancakes are tender and flavorful with oatmeal-like interiors. This blender oatmeal pancake recipe yields an all-around nice pancake that’s much less banana-y than the others. I even have banana waffle recipes—entire wheat and oat-based—these are nice, too.
These are the banana pancakes I’m making most frequently in the meanwhile. They’re the only pancakes by far, with solely three substances on the core: mashed banana, eggs and whole-grain flour (you may have a number of flour choices right here). I typically add cinnamon and hemp hearts or flaxseeds, however even then, they require fewer substances than the remainder.
Nutritionally, these banana pancakes are about as wholesome as pancakes could be. They’re considerably decrease in carbohydrates than the opposite recipes, and barely increased in protein. That’s a win! They don’t style as very similar to a deal with as the opposite recipes, however they’re actually very good.
These pancakes are straightforward to throw collectively within the morning whereas Grace toddles across the kitchen. She loves them and I be ok with them. So, these banana pancakes are undoubtedly baby-friendly and kid-friendly. These easy pancakes are for everybody!
3-Ingredient Banana Pancake Notes
I attempted two-ingredient banana pancakes a very long time in the past (banana and egg solely) and located nothing to love about them—they’re a lot too moist and eggy. Frankly, you’re higher off consuming scrambled eggs with a facet of banana. Including somewhat flour makes all of the distinction with these pancakes.
Your flour choices for these pancakes embrace entire wheat flour, buckwheat flour or oat flour. They work equally nicely. Buckwheat flour has probably the most daring taste, whereas entire wheat is probably the most delicate. Oat flour is hearty and presents a light-weight oatmeal-like taste. For gluten-free pancakes, select licensed gluten-free buckwheat or oat flour.
The eggs on this recipe are completely important. Flax eggs will not work on this recipe. Don’t try or you’ll find yourself with unhappy banana-flax mush. I do know as a result of I attempted.
Use overripe bananas for this recipe. Ideally, they’ve a minimum of just a few brown spots. Overripe bananas are sweeter and impart extra banana taste.
You’ll must dial down the warmth as you prepare dinner these pancakes. Most pancakes include some sugar, which not solely makes the pancakes sweeter, but in addition helps stop them from burning as they prepare dinner. Since these pancakes are solely naturally sweetened with bananas (no added sweetener, not even maple syrup), they’re particularly delicate to warmth. When you discover that your pancakes are turning too golden on the skin earlier than the insides are cooked, the skillet has turn into too sizzling.
Nutritious Combine-In Choices & Serving Strategies
These banana pancakes are superb of their most straightforward kind, containing solely banana, egg and flour. When you’d like to spice up the flavour or vitamin, add any of the next:
- Floor cinnamon: I at all times add cinnamon as a result of I really like the flavour.
- Hemp hearts and/or floor flaxseed: Each supply wholesome fats and fiber.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: You would stir a pair tablespoons into the batter. You’ll get even higher toasted taste when you sprinkle somewhat coconut over the raw facet of the pancake earlier than flipping.
- Pinch of salt: I don’t suppose you’ll miss it, however somewhat little bit of salt ought to amp up the general taste. Use as much as 1/4 teaspoon.
For serving our daughter, I typically add a light-weight unfold of runny almond butter sprinkled with hemp hearts or a pat of butter. I like them that method myself! For extra of a breakfast deal with, attempt a selection of peanut or almond butter or Greek yogurt for protein, plus further sliced banana and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Extra Banana Breakfast Treats to Strive
Please let me understand how your banana pancakes prove within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: quarter-hour
- Whole Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Technique: Stovetop
- Delicacies: American
- Weight loss plan: Vegetarian
These 3-ingredient banana pancakes are wholesome and really easy to make. This recipe is household pleasant as nicely—infants, youngsters and adults alike love these pancakes. Yields 8 pancakes (every about 4 inches in diameter, sufficient for two to 4 servings).
- 2 medium-to-large ripe bananas
- 4 giant eggs
- ½ cup entire wheat flour or buckwheat flour or ⅔ cup oat flour
- Optionally available taste/vitamin boosters: ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon, as much as 2 tablespoons hemp hearts and/or floor flaxseed, as much as ¼ teaspoon salt
- Butter, avocado oil or ghee, for cooking
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a big fork till it’s shiny and principally clean. Add the eggs and whisk till the eggs are evenly included into the banana.
- Add the flour and any non-obligatory boosters. Gently stir till mixed. Put aside when you preheat the skillet (the batter can relaxation for as much as 1 hour if want be).
- Warmth a big skillet (stainless-steel, forged iron or non-stick) over medium-low warmth (if utilizing an electrical griddle, warmth it to 350 levels Fahrenheit). You’re prepared to begin cooking pancakes as soon as a drop of water sizzles on contact with the recent floor. If obligatory, frivolously oil the cooking floor with a pat of butter or oil, rigorously wiping up extra with a paper towel (nonstick surfaces possible received’t require any oil).
- Scoop ¼ cup batter onto the recent skillet, leaving a few inches round every pancake for enlargement. Cook dinner till small bubbles kind on the floor of the pancakes, 2 to three minutes.
- Flip the pancakes, then prepare dinner till frivolously golden on either side, 1 to 2 minutes extra. Repeat the method with the remaining batter, including extra butter and dialing down the warmth if the pancakes are turning darkish on the skin earlier than they’re cooked by on the within.
- Serve instantly or hold heat in a 200 diploma Fahrenheit oven. Leftover pancakes could be saved within the fridge for as much as 3 days, or frozen for as much as 3 months. To reheat, stack leftover pancakes and wrap them in a paper towel earlier than gently reheating within the microwave.
Make it gluten free: Use licensed gluten-free oat flour or buckwheat flour.
▸ Vitamin Data
Did you make this recipe?